We host a wide range of educational services including many for children; currently on offer are the evening and weekend classes, and occasional courses.
Since the inception of Darus Salam Mosque and Islamic Centre, it has been a place of nurturing young Muslims via education and learning. Led by Imam Al-Mohsin and a number of experienced and highly qualified teachers, the Mosque has classes throughout the week, between 5pm and 7pm and the weekend between 10am – 12pm. These classes are offered to young Muslims between the aged of 6 and 17 years.
The following subjects are taught via a means tested syllabus:
– Quran: The teaching of the Arabic alphabet, with the correct pronunciation
– The science of pronunciation (tajweed), memorisations (Hifz), and understanding the meaning of the Quran (tafseer) are taught.
– Fiqh: Understanding Islamic rulings within the context of society and culture especially in relation to prayer and pilgrimage.
– Aqeedah – understanding the beliefs and articles of faith
– Arabic language
– Seerah – learning about the life of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)
– Islamic history, biographies of Prophets and their companions, good manners and personal development skills.